Thursday, January 28, 2010

Xiao long bao :)

Yesterday I was learning to make my favorite Chinese dish - Xiao Long Bao (small steamed buns) in a Chinese Cooking workshop! :)
Arriving to the location it seemed like an independant artistic area..

Here we go!

Huge party kitchen :) Even though it was promised the chef would speak English (or there would be translation)...chef did not speak a single word in English, so was trying to use my very limited Chinese vocabulary and the help of a Japanese participant to communicate - pure fun :)

My very own bunnies!

I was so excited that wanted to photgraph them from all the possible angles to make them look as good as I can ;)

First we were learning to twist the bun without actual filling, cause it`s not as easy as it looks, then we were making the filling and after that making the real stuff with actual filling :) ....and to finish - steaming for 10 minutes

Yammy :)

Now these are my steamed buns :)

Next challenge...to try & make them on my own at home ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yammy:) and it does not look easy (that twisting:))

kristel said...

Oh yes please. I am looking forward to visiting you again. Get really hungry just looking at them. And they are my favourite chinese dish too!