Monday, November 29, 2010

What I did on Sunday..

..on Sunday I was a judge ;)

My boss in the university asked me to be a judge in English speaking competition held in my Uni and I just couldn`t refuse an offer like this :)

So on Sunday as soon as I arrived I was dragged to the stage and seated next to the rest of the jury (and photographed from all the possible angles)...


At that point I was clueless about what would actually happen...the hall was full of people: kids in different costumes, their parents....it was hard to imagine having an English speaking competition with such a crowd ;)
(that`s how it looked from where I was seated)


The main organizer (or the one able to speak English) asked me to say something when my turn would come... no problem (bla bla "excited to be here"...bla bla..."good luck" :)

...and after 20 minutes of speeches I was taken to a freezing classroom for English speaking competition (so much about the performances I was hoping to see ;(

There were 50 kids competing: introducing themselves, telling stories, singing, playing musical instruments - really cool & cute kids :) ...and we (me + 1 more judge who had no idea how to deal with kids :( ) had to evaluate each kid (not so cool)...

Here are some of the competitors (& me :)


When English competition was over I still managed to see a bit of the talent competition in the main hall


All in all ...fun, but real freezing experience after which I politely declined lunch invitation and rushed home to de-freeze ;) (central heating at home is on for almost 1 week already :)

1 comment:

ahwei said...

I was being homesick and reading other people's stories about rizhao, the next thing is I came across to your blog. And surprising found out that you know more about Rizhao than I do.

Glad you enjoyed the life there, your blog about the northern mountain (Si Shan, literally silk hill) conjured up my childhood memories.