Saturday, February 19, 2011

Delicious PHILIPPINES!

And now...my top culinary experiences in Philippines (must-try ;)

1. LECHON MANOK or roasted chicken
The best chicken I have ever tasted! Seriously! (And the best of Lechon Manok was on Camiguin island, Mambajao town, Bambi`s place, whole chicken costed around 2 Euros)



2. Mango shakes!!! Had soooo many of them during the trip...



3. Raw stuff :)
Raw sea urchin roe which is told to be a very expensive delicacy in some countries. Quite yummy for sushi lovers like me! Before I even agreed to try local sea urchin "business woman" on Virgin island just smashed 1 sea urchin in front of my eyes, mixed it with vinegar sauce and put a little pile of roe on my hand. Eat! And I did :)
Also Sashimi or Kinilaw - mix of raw fish in a special sauce was real nice!



4. Grilled seafood!




5. Brownies and donuts in most unexpected places (like, street market on the photo) - true paradise for a proper brownie lover like me ;) Manila International airport`s local departure hall had just too many cafeterias selling all kinds of tasty sweets!!!

No comments: