Monday, June 18, 2012

TV SHOW

On Saturday I participated in Shandong TV game-show recording in Rizhao Bamboo park.

I had agreed to come & kick some balls ;) 
(had no idea about details...as usual :)

Turned out it`s quite a popular local TV show where people come & kick football trying to knock the numbers down. If they do - prize!!! ;) And of course they also show off their talents & the host tries to make everyone laugh! 


And as it happens to be European Football Championship time ...why not to invite a European (?!)...even if this European hasn`t watched a single game this year & can`t even kick properly ;))



We had agreed with the host that initially I`d be speaking Latvian & pretending I can`t speak Chinese...while he`ll assure everyone he speaks fluent Latvian & "translate" whatever I say.

(So while I was counting from 1 to 15 in Latvian....he was basically telling everyone how I`m crazy about this show & can`t live a day without it...etc..). Ha ha ha :) 



Then we "discovered" I can speak Chinese & after a couple more questions it was time TO KICK ;)







After a couple of missed kicks the host volunteered to teach me how to kick & invented some "Chinese Football tradition" - if the host scores.. I have to hug the host...:)  



Respecting "Chinese Football tradition" :)))



After that I missed a couple more times & he scored again :))



And then I got a mobile phone..`cause the number the host had scored was lucky for getting it!


Let me just add that the previous contestant had ACTUALLY SCORED himself & his prize was 5 (or 10) kg of WASHING POWDER :))))



Damn...it`s not bad to be a foreigner in China :)))


1 comment:

kristel said...

very cool! nice that you got the phone and not washing powder! :)