Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas..."a la Chinese"!

DECEMBER 24: DIFFERENT CHRISTMAS EVE "a la Chinese"
... with buffet style Chinese dinner (the best of food was already gone by the time we all arrived... ;);
...typical Chinese lucky draw (and after it was over it`s amazing how fast everyone was standing up & leaving!);
...some not so special performances...
...lots of noise!

"THE" performance of Christmas Eve...let me present "bikini" show or "Swimsuit collection for the summer 2011" ;)

Inspiring, isn`t it?;)

Photo with Santa is so last year...this Christmas go for Little Sheep ;)




DECEMBER 25 9:00 a.m.: I WAS HOSTING ENGLISH SCHOOL X-MAS PARTY!

This is where I finally got some X-mas feeling :)

~60 students, some parents, teachers....with lots of games, performances, some dancing and presents for all!


After the party with my youngest students :)

After our event some of the kids were convinced that Santa is actually Chinese :)

Teachers :)

Santa & me...

...visiting older students :)





DECEMBER 25: TRULY MAGICAL CHRISTMAS FEAST WITH OTHER FOREIGNERS WHO STAYED IN RIZHAO FOR X-MAS with caviare, salmon, sour cream, potato salad, mushroom salad, home-baked bread and Russian champagne!!! (things usually not in our menu due to ignorance of Chinese shops ;)





DECEMBER 26: WALK BY THE SEA

Low tide created the illusion of shimmering frozen sea! Beautiful!


And for some time we were observing the phenomenon of migrating seafood seekers who were crossing probably ice-cold water (in some places it reached over waist-line) to reach the island right off-shore for a bigger catch! Amazing!!!






DECEMBER 28: SPECIAL NAMEDAY...with Macarena & fashion show!

Already last week I had agreed to participate in University`s End of Year party`s teacher`s fashion show as a foreign star ;) and also to teach some dance to the audience!

I decided to teach Macarena! They told me I would be Nr.8 on the program and Fashion show would be somewhere at the end..... so I was getting ready with other teachers in University`s office building slightly worried we were not at the party venue (my question of when would I dance was always answered with "don`t worry"..."soon we`ll go)...

The program had started some time ago and suddenly my colleague got a call that I`m up next with Macarena... no panic... 3 minute walk to party venue... as we were entering the party venue (and I was not ready for stage yet...as I needed at least to take my winter coat off and change the shoes...) I heard them anouncing me & starting to play Macarena.... I was still changing....then run to the stage.... luckily some students were also coming to join the dance and then during the dance I was dragging a couple more "volunteers" (including the main host) to the stage to shake it to Macarena tunes ;) Great success...even though with great chance of almost missing it ;) (due to "exceptional" Chinese managerial skills :)


Don`t have any photos from the fashion show yet, but here`s some of us posing after the show


And a happy group photo with all the performers!


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! :)

No comments: